What is Asteroid?¶
Asteroid is a PyTorch-based audio source separation toolkit.
The main goals of Asteroid are:
- Gather a wider community around audio source separation by lowering the barriers to entry.
- Promote reproducibility by replicating important research papers.
- Automatize most engineering and make way for research.
- Simplify model sharing to reduce compute costs and carbon footprint.
So, how do we do that? We aim to provide
Datasetfor common datasets.
- Ready-to-use state-of-the art source separation architectures in native PyTorch.
- Configurable recipes from data preparation to evaluation.
- Pretrained models for a wide variety of tasks and architectures.
Who is it for?¶
Asteroid has several target usage:
- Use asteroid in your own code, as a package.
- Use available recipes to build your own separation model.
- Use pretrained models to process your files.
- Hit the ground running with your research ideas!